Yield: 6 – 8 burgers.
You will need……
- 1 Medium Onion, small dice
- 1 Large Carrot, small dice
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Ribs Celery, small dice
- 1 Large Fennel Bulb, top removed, small dice
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Coriander
- 2 Teaspoons Fennel Seed
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Organic Vegan Worcesteshire Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Pound Organic Ground Turkey (preferably Dark Meat)
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2+ Cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
Pure Olive Oil, Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, Fine Grind.
- In a medium size frying pan, heat 2 -3 tablespoons of the olive oil over low – medium heat, add the onion and turn down to low right away. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper, cover and sweat the onions for 10 minutes. Add the carrots and garlic and continue to sweat for another 5 minutes.
- Add the celery and fennel and continue sweating the vegetables for another 10 minutes. Be patient, this will pay off in flavor. Remove to a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and only 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs. See if the mixture holds together well. If it does, no need to add more breadcrumbs, if not add more slowly. Form burgers.
- In a clean frying pan on high heat, cover the pan in the olive oil and sear the burgers on each side, letting the burgers sit at least 2 -3 minutes on each side before moving them. If you try moving them before and they feel like they are sticking, you need to give it another minute. Move burgers to a sheet pan or ovenproof dish and finish them off in the oven till the internal temperature is 150 degrees F, about 6 – 8 minutes.
Serve with Whole Wheat Buns with no preservatives.. yummm..
START EACH DAY WITH A GRATEFUL HEART!
Please remember everyone’s body is different and unique. Always discuss any areas of concern about your autoimmune disease with your doctor.
Hugs to all…..You can do it!
Don’t be afraid of failure. If you never try, you will never succeed.